We dream of African cities flourishing in God’s presence as church and community leadership love God and serve the city.
We equip the heart (discernment), head (reflection) and hands (action) of the urban church, ordinary citizens, community leadership and organizations who seek the spiritual and social renewal of the city.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our three areas of work are:
Every two years, we host a Biennial Consultation on Urban Ministry.
For more information on our work, please visit the links above.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- Listening to God and to others as we discern where God’s Spirit is moving.
- Serving by walking alongside and encouraging local leaders, congregations and communities.
- Learning from each other and engaging in communities of practice for kingdom transformation.
- Building bridges for relationships of trust within and across cultures as ambassadors of God’s reconciliation.
Our core values are shaped by the method, message and manner of Jesus Christ. And so, we commit to seeing the whole city as the Holy Spirit’s environment for empowering us to tell and demonstrate the whole gospel with the whole church for the whole world.
- Groups of trained urban churches who seek shalom of their city, with special attention to vulnerable communities.
- Strengthened city-serving organizations to sustain acts of justice and reconciliation in their beloved city.
- Networks of urban practitioners and theologians who share resources and collective wisdom.